Timothy Lutts is CEO and Chief Investment Strategist of Cabot Wealth Network, leading a dedicated team of professionals who serve individual investors with high-quality investment advice based on time-tested Cabot systems.
Take a look at Tim’s personal website: Contrary Opinion– “more than an investing philosophy.”
Under his leadership, Cabot advisories have been honored numerous times by Timer Digest, Hulbert Financial Digest, Dow Jones MarketWatch and Timer Digest as the top investment newsletters in the industry.
After working in this business for more than 33 years, Timothy says, “There are 8 things I know.
- The business of investing can provide great rewards to those who work at it and are willing to learn. Those who refuse to learn will lose money.
- To succeed as an investor in growth stocks, it’s best to buy when upside potential dwarfs downside potential, to cut losses short, and to let winners run.
- To succeed as an investor in value stocks, it’s best to buy low and hold patiently, until the stock is fully valued.
- Your greatest enemies are your own emotions and the daily news (generally bad) which distracts you from a long-term focus. Try to ignore them both.
- On the other hand, use your imagination to consider how great companies might evolve, remembering the power of the unforeseeable and the incalculable. When it began renting DVDs by mail, did anyone imagine Netflix could become a leading producer of content? When it began selling books, did anyone imagine Amazon would eventually sell almost everything?
- For over two centuries, the long trend of the markets has been up, reflecting the growth of asset values, and I recommend that you invest in synch with that trend. Your greatest ally is time.
- However, there will always be bull markets and bear markets, and you can use these to your advantage, particularly if you pay close attention to both chart patterns and investor sentiment.
- Lastly, have faith in the ability of intelligent, innovative men and women to adapt, as they always have, and to solve the problems of the future in ways that are unimaginable to people of today. Invest in these people when you can.
Timothy has appeared on numerous podiums as an investing expert, including Bloomberg TV and the World Money Show, led Investor’s Business Daily discussion groups and been interviewed by Dow Jones MarketWatch,TopStockAnalysts.com, VoiceAmerica.com, AOL Finance and numerous other business news organizations.
Articles by Timothy Lutts
Yesterday’s strong market triggered a technical indicator, a follow-through signal that tells us buyers are lurking. Of course, today’s big decline so far isn’t good to see, but nevertheless, this and other measures (awful sentiment, etc.) tell us there should be support on weakness.
Canopy Growth (CGC) has become one of the faces of the surge in marijuana stocks. But most people don't know about it. Here are 10 things you should know.
While long-term prospects for the cannabis industry remain excellent, the sector as a whole remains in correction mode today, with the big Canadian stocks under the greatest pressure—and no one knows where the bottom is, though history tells us it will come when last...
Making money in stocks can be simple if you stick to certain guidelines. Here are 10 rules I recommend - and two stocks that fit the mold.
As with Chinese stocks a decade and a half ago, the government is making it easier for marijuana investing. And that means you should start buying now.
My best marijuana stock didn't start out that way. It was a "safe" pick. Here's the story.
Every December, near the end of the month, each of the analysts at Cabot (there are nine of us) selects one stock that they think will be top-performing...
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. This picture of the Marijuana Index tells a story that be summed up in fourteen.
From January through March, marijuana stocks were hot.
Since then, they’ve been cooling off.
The reasons for the strength were From...