Knowing how to negotiate is one of those things I wish I’d known how to do much earlier in life. It would have saved me thousands of dollars, and hours of mental anguish. But I learned it the hard way, by making mistakes and wasting money and time that I could have put to better uses.
Examples of negotiations were all around me—on the global stage, between presidents; nationally, among union leaders and automakers; statewide, as congressional leaders battled to enact new laws; locally, with the Chamber of Commerce enticing businesses to relocate; and in my own home, with mom and dad negotiating who was going to take the kids where.
Today, the U.S. Congress is trying to negotiate a big spending bill. Recently, it was reported that President Biden, who was trying to take a tough stand to please the progressives in his party, is now implying that he’s willing to reduce some of his proposed expenditures to make a deal with the Republicans.
Every single day we all negotiate something, so it’s imperative that we learn how to do it to our advantage.
Read the feature article in this month’s magazine now to get everything you need to know about winning at negotiations, including:
- The 7 Elements of Negotiation
- 16 Things to Negotiate (some of these might surprise you!)
- 5 Negotiating Mistakes to Avoid
- The 7 Rules of Negotiation
- 7 Things You Should Never Say in a Negotiation
- 25 Good Negotiation Phrases You Should Use
- Be Aware of These Dirty Negotiation Tricks
- The Types of People Who Aren’t Negotiable
When you read this article in the November 2021 issue of our Magazine, you’ll hone your negotiation skills and save time and money in the process! Read this article now, and get everything else in this issue of our magazine, too, including:
- How to Negotiate Better for (Almost) Everything: Tips, Tricks, and Secrets That Can Help You in Any Negotiation
- Why You Should Pay Attention to Fund Flows: Knowing where money is going (and what it’s coming out of) can be a signal to adjust your own investing mindset.
- The 5 Best Stocks from My 35 Years in the Business: Most investments come and go, but every once in a while a stock comes along that is truly life-changing—get Tim Lutts’ advice about top stocks!
- A Cheap Way to Trade Options, with Very Little Risk: This options trading strategy can allow you to use more sophisticated trades to collect income, all while keeping your costs and risk low.
- 2 Turnaround Stocks Being Driven by “Events”: Significant corporate “events” can inject new life into underperforming companies and turn struggling firms into growing turnaround candidates. Read about these two stocks now!
- Want to Invest Like the Rich? Try These 5 BDCs: You may not be able to live life like the ultra-rich, but with these five BDCs you can invest like them.
- It’s Time to Invest in Japan Again. Start with These 2 Stocks: Although the 1980s were the peak of Japanese economic dominance, there are still a handful of companies that offer real value to investors. Learn all about these two stocks now!
- Better Way to Play the Private Equity Boom than Blackstone: Blackstone has been a leader in private equity for a long time, but this small-cap stock is a better value play on the ongoing growth of private equity. Get this stock advice now!
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Trading Micro- and Nano-Cap Stocks: If you’re interested in trading low-volume stocks, these tips can help you understand how to change your trading process to account for less liquidity.
- This Data Point Drives Stocks More than Anything Else: The unemployment rate obviously affects the U.S. economy, but just how closely does it correlate to the performance of the stock market? Find out now!
- 3 Stocks Taking Advantage of the Cloud: Cloud computing is rapidly supplanting many aspects of traditional on-premise data management, and these three stocks look poised for continuing growth. Get the identity of these three stocks now!
This latest issue of our Magazine is ready for you to access now, to discover how to negotiate like a pro… and much more. Read it now!